There are just two weeks until we have the class to prepare for the Rookie Race and three weeks until we take our training to the water.
Who should care about this class and the Rookie Race? I am glad you asked!
- If you are newish to sailing or have been cruising for quite some time and would like to know, "why all the fuss about Sailboat Racing", then sign up for this training class. Next, head over to the "Rookie Race" on the calendar and sign up your boat there too
- If you are in the club boat program, reserve the club boat of your choice for the Rookie Race on the 11th. Then come back here and register for both this class and the Rookie Race. While you are at it, get some of your fellow club boat members to crew and share the tiller with you at the Rookie Race.
- If you are a racer and have crew itching to skipper. Then offer them your boat for the rookie race and offer them your time as a ride along coach. Your budding skipper can decide if they want to skip the class since they will have you on board to help out on race day.
- If you are in the Bee Fleet, click "Register Now". You don't even need a reason.
- If it has been a while since you approached a start line and you need a refresher, join us.
So, join us September 4th for the PPYCU Prep for the Rookie Race class to get your head ready. Then prep your boat and join us Saturday the 11th for the Rookie Race.
Also race fans stay tuned for Octoberfest on October 2nd, Equalizer on October 16th and 17th, the Fall Off on November 6th and we will wrap up with the Kamikaze on December 5th.
Let's go sailing,